return on investment

Copper Contributor

hi there, i am not good at excel and I need to show one of our customers the savings they will achieve if they move over to another product of ours. Is there an easy template you could recommend please

1 Reply

@Louiseoflynn1 

Could you create a presentation for that customer on paper? Somehow show the two (or three, or more?) alternative investments and how they'd perform over time?

I ask that because I'd be wary of just recommending a template if you aren't savvy enough to test that template yourself. I would not want to be your client if you were using a spreadsheet that you couldn't explain, fine-tune, extend. I've seen plenty of templates that are NOT reliable, despite how nice they look on the screen, that are limited to certain scenarios and variables, etc.

If you have the ability to test it--by creating your own paper-based analysis--then creating that paper-based analysis would, itself, be a good place to start. Then try yourself to create that in Excel, or come back here with a copy of your paper-based analysis ---scan it to PDF and post it--and ask for help creating a spreadsheet that mimics the analysis you've created and can explain.

What investment advisory firm do you work for? Surely this is not a first time question; somebody else in the firm will have answered it. And you'd have the confidence that it's been vetted by people you and your client(s) can trust.