SOLVED

Return multiple values into data validation list drop down

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have a Sheet called "Packing list".

There i have 2 data validations.

First validation called Customer returns all customers in drop down list from Sheet "Customers"

In second i want to return related Customer(That is selected in first validation) delivery addresses from Sheet "Customers" that delivery address exists in same table as Customers. One customer can have multiple delivery address so user must choose one of them.

In validation source i tried using FILTER function but it gives me an error. If i use FUNCTION outside validation it works perfectly. How do i achive so that it returns related delivery adress of what is selected in my first data validation?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by julijazas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@julijazas 

It's a little difficult to discern exactly what you're seeking, but this may meet the need. It's what I call a "cascading data validation" model.....where the second set of data varies depending on what was selected first. See if it helps you as a possible solution.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by julijazas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@julijazas 

It's a little difficult to discern exactly what you're seeking, but this may meet the need. It's what I call a "cascading data validation" model.....where the second set of data varies depending on what was selected first. See if it helps you as a possible solution.

View solution in original post