Restriction for files containing Macros

Brass Contributor

Not to long ago Microsoft came with a change for files containing Macros.
My organisation wants to provide files which make complex tasks easier for our audience. For example: accounting in an excel sheet. Our audience doesn't have the need nor the knowledge to create macros so this is something we want to provide to them. 
With the recent change and Microsoft basically blocking the macro when a file is downloaded from our website, the macros are unusable unless the user unblocks it manually. This obviously sets the bar for our less IT-minded audience alot higher.
Is there any way around this? or What would be the best way to make this the easiest for the end user?
I've read that we could sign our code but there doesn't seem to be much documentation about this.

Any insights?

Kind regards.

2 Replies
We have the same problem, but just explained to the end user that is simple to unblock.
After downloading the file, just right click on the file, properties and in the bottom you are going to have a checkbok for Unblock. Just click on that one and is going to work.
Hi Alan

Thanks for your reply. For some of our users it won't be a problem unblocking it, the checkbox makes it easy indeed. More than half of our users are age 60-70, for those users I think this will be a bit harder so I was looking for another solution like the certificate.

Kind regards