Resize checkbox - Excel 365

Copper Contributor

How can I resize the Forms checkbox - it's too small!

I'm using Office 365

Thanks

8 Replies

@Mel_Smith 

It is not possible to change the size of a Forms check box, but you can increase the zoom percentage at which you view the worksheet.

Hello Hans,

Thanks for your reply. I am aware that I can use the zoom percentage but that isn't really an approach I can use this time.

@Mel_Smith 

Then it's best to avoid using check boxes.

It would seem so!

@Hans Vogelaar 

Since we are not able to resize the check box. How can we insert a check box with the ability to add text to it and be able to check off the box. 

@Tammy420 

You can edit the caption of the check box: right-click a Forms check box and select Edit Text from the context menu.

ActiveX check boxes (Windows only) cannot be resized either, but their caption can be formatted.

S1380.png

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thank you for your response. That doesn't help me at all. I need to have a check box in the excel that is bigger than that one and still be able to click on it to check it,  :)

@Tammy420 

There is no such thing.

As an alternative, you could let the user enter an "x" or something like that in a cell.

Or, if it is OK to let the user double-click, you could use VBA code to "check/uncheck" a cell. Users would have to allow macros, though. Let me know if you want to know more about this option.