SOLVED

Replacing curly quotes with straight quotes

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know how to replace curly quotes with straight quotes in Excel? I'd be very happy if someone can tell me how!

Thank you

4 Replies

@VMSParker-Fine-Art Which platform are you on? Which key(s) do you press?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. I've got an Excel spreadsheet which has lots of data in it including curly speech marks. I need to upload the spreadsheet to a platform - but when I do, all the curly quotes get replaced with squares. I know it works fine with straight quotes I but can't see how to replace them in Excel. Find and replace replaces literally every letter and punctuation mark with speech marks!
best response confirmed by VMSParker-Fine-Art (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@VMSParker-Fine-Art Copy a curly quote first. Then paste it in the Find field and type a regular quote in the Replace with filed. That should only replace curly brackets, not all letters and punctuation. 

AMAZING!! Thank you so much. Copying and pasting the speech marked into Find and Replace worked a treat!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VMSParker-Fine-Art (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@VMSParker-Fine-Art Copy a curly quote first. Then paste it in the Find field and type a regular quote in the Replace with filed. That should only replace curly brackets, not all letters and punctuation. 

View solution in original post