SOLVED

Repeating values in a pivot table (instead of sum or count)

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I'm using a pivit table to organize information, but I can't figure out how to just repeat the values I have in the original table, instead of bringing the sum. 

elisape_0-1627602963730.png

In the image above I'd like the pivot table to bring the original information for the Client ID, instead of "count" or Sum" or another formula.

20 Replies

@elisape 

Move the fields into the rows area.

However, I don't know what's the advantage. The data then looks the same as in the original table. No aggregation.

If you don't want to summarize the Client ID, drag it into the Rows area instead of Values area. To do that, first uncheck the Client ID in the Field list and then click and hold the Client ID and drag it into the Rows area.
Tahnk you for both your inputs. When I drag it into rows area, I get one row for each value. Is it possible to have one row for all values?

@elisape 

Please provide a sample file with the desired output.

@Detlef Lewin 

It would like like this:

elisape_0-1627667424616.png

Where I have the sum and summary for the number of unites, but for other values (like Client ID), I'd just show it.

@elisape 

I'd rather wait for the file.

I don't understand what you mean. I can't provide a file because I don't know how to do it using a pivot table...

@elisape @Detlef Lewin 

I saved the sample file here. Is this what you need? Thank you for your help.

@elisape 

What you want is a mixture of compact form layout and tabular form layout.

I'm afraid you have to choose one of the three:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/design-the-layout-and-format-of-a-pivottable-a9600265-95b...

@elisape 

Perhaps you mean something like this

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

Learned something today. A mixture of different layout forms is possible. Just use the individual field settings and not the general setting.

This is exactly it!
I can't figure out how you changed it. I found the layout form under "design", but I don't know how to change it only for the Client Id.
best response confirmed by elisape (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@elisape 

1) Right click on any cell with this field and here Field Settings:

image.png

2) Here "Show item labels in tabular form" instead of this default

image.png

3) Ok

image.png

@Detlef Lewin , each of us knows not more than 10% of Excel. Gurus with 30 years experience - maybe 15%. Majority - 1-2%.

@Sergei Baklan I'm almost there! Now it looks like this, but how can I remove the grouping that formed in the name of client like in your pivot table?

elisape_0-1627679880515.png

@elisape 

Select any cell within PivotTable, Design tab on ribbon and here

image.png

Is there a way to "not show subtotal" for only the Client ID? For the Units, I'll need subtotals gourped by items.

@elisape 

Yes. First select to show all subtotals

image.png

After that in field setting for field for which you'd like to disable subtotals select

image.png

Result is

image.png

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by elisape (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@elisape 

1) Right click on any cell with this field and here Field Settings:

image.png

2) Here "Show item labels in tabular form" instead of this default

image.png

3) Ok

image.png

View solution in original post