Repeatedly copying data from one workbook to another

Copper Contributor

The attached sheets contain information that I am required to populate very often.

Two programs from category A are run on a platform. The version of this platform often changes. 

To compare the performance of these programs, we use data from Current version and the previous version of the platform. For Example, Version 1 and Version 2 data are given in the 'Source Template'.

When version 3 arrives, the data represented will change as shown in 'Destination Template', where data between version 3 and version 2 are compared. (kindly refer the attached files for understanding the explanation above).

What I require is to copy the version 2 data from the 'Source Template' into the cells under 'version 2' in the 'DESTINATION TEMPLATE', as i would need this data to compare with that of version 3.

How can I do this using excel Macros or VBA scripts.

NOTE: The number of programs that I run can increase at times. Also there are other CATEGORY program that I would be running as well. So a generic solution that I can implement/modify accordingly will be of great help. 

0 Replies