Removing Autofill Online

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am using Excel online (through Teams and OneDrive) and want to remove the autofill of cells. I can't seem to figure out how to do this as every help page relates to solving this problem using the "options" tab, which isn't available through Excel online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

3 Replies

@coconnell 

For Excel Online there is no Options as in desktop version, i.e. you can't set them for the application and/or entire workbook. You may only play with settings for some elements as Charts, PivotTables, etc.

Replying to this as old post but came up in google. There's no option in excel online (365). But if you set up your excel file locally, then set save location on onedrive/365 it will be saved there.
Now go back to your local file and set options/advanced and disable/untick allow autocomplete. Than save. Of course it is saved on onedrive. Now, if I open that excel file to work on it online, autocomplete is off. Hope works for others.

@pietro2020 

The only you have to have desktop version. And if so it's preferably to work in it, not in browser.