SOLVED

Regarding Dependent drop down menu for a matrix in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi Community , 

I need your immediate help . Can anyone please help me . I am trying to make dependent drop down menu for a matrix which has to placed in worksheet  but even after trying so many times i am unable to do it . I have attached the picture and excel file of same . 

Regards

5 Replies
It's not clear what the drop downs should be.

May I ask a question: this looks like it could be a school assignment of some kind, is it?

If it is, we'd be doing your homework for you. I have an example I've built of dependent drop downs...in fact if you search this website you could probably find some--which would be just fine. You'd still have to adapt the method to your own...

If it's not the case, then let us know and I'll post my example sheet.
best response confirmed by Sabya007 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sabya007 The data validation list refers to ='[AL-rev3.xlsx]Master Data'!#REF!.  Without the "AL-rev3.xlsx" file it cannot be determined what's wrong.

If you are trying to refer to the scenarios on the Master Sheet in the workbook you uploaded, note that you have quite a few empty rows in that range. But then it could look like this:

='Master Sheet'!$F$5:$F$21

Dear Sir ,
I am employee to a company . I am having hard time solving this . This is cut and paste from report sheet , which I can't post here . I was doing this to reduce the error , which occurs due to wrong entry by suppliers.
Thank you.
Thank you,
I cannot post the sheet here due to company restrictions . Basically what i am trying is ,if someone selected "Custom_duties_for_incoming_goods " under Scenario he just have only one option "306000 - Freight costs" under "ledger account " and if he selected "Assembly " he have options under "Product Group ". Is that possible via Dependent drop down ?
Regards

@Sabya007 

Here's a demo sheet I created a few months ago that shows how dependent drop downs can be created and used. Perhaps it will help. It's definitely possible.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sabya007 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sabya007 The data validation list refers to ='[AL-rev3.xlsx]Master Data'!#REF!.  Without the "AL-rev3.xlsx" file it cannot be determined what's wrong.

If you are trying to refer to the scenarios on the Master Sheet in the workbook you uploaded, note that you have quite a few empty rows in that range. But then it could look like this:

='Master Sheet'!$F$5:$F$21

View solution in original post