Refreshing stock prices in excel spreadsheet: prices are 24 hours stale.

Copper Contributor

Beginning yesterday, I had trouble getting up-to-date stock prices in an excel spreadsheet. Late yesterday, after multiple refreshes, the prices were updated. Today, however, the prices never did: [Previous Close] is giving the September 14 price and [Price] is giving the September 15 prices. Today is September 16, so those prices should be, respectively, September 15 and September 16.  Is there a problem with a server that is supposed to be supplying current prices?

7 Replies
I got exactly the same problem .

@Jonathan_Leight Same problem here. Even when looking at the "Details" it cites the last trade time as being16/09/2020 00:00, which would be yesterday at midnight.

Same here.  The stock feature is the only reason I need to continue subscription to Microsoft Office.  Possibly time to look for an alternative....again.    @Jonathan_Leight 

Same problem for me....MS Finance is able to show correct slightly delayed prices.
@ms - please update the date frequently. Thanks

@Pierre1412  I have the same issue as well. 

Me too; Chatted with MS Tech Support. They seemed not only unaware of the problem, but the rep didn't seem to understand where the data is coming from. He asked me if I knew who housed the data source ... so ... I politely exited the chat given that I'd spend more time helping them understand the problem than I could afford ... :( :(

I had a similar problem and even joined MS 365 help forum.......they had no clue.
This is the only reason I subscribe to MS 365 so the problem needs to be fixed.

Does anyone know how to escalate to MS??