refreshing pivot tables

Copper Contributor

I have a series of dashboards attached to a database and have been refreshing the pivot tables without any problems until today. When I "refreshed all" the last time, the background query was taking forever so I followed some suggestions by the groups to disable the background option in the connections (I did that on all the power queries I had in the database).

However, some data I had replaced in the database was not being updated in the pivot tables. I tried refresh all and also refreshed individual pivot tables, I have linked the pivot tables again to the database with "change data source", and nothing seems to work. I get messages like the ones below. I tried to change the Excel settings and unchecked "alerts before overwriting cells" and it is not working. I also tried to add rows between pivot tables in case overlapping is a problem but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. I had not problems until yesterday so I am really confused. 

Any help really welcome, I am attaching database,

Yolanda 

YolandaBL_1-1595972875785.png

YolandaBL_2-1595972884757.png

1 Reply

@YolandaBL It seems there are 2 (or more) pivot tables on the same worksheet, and when this one tries to update, it can't because it would 'spill' into the other one(s).

I suggest moving them to separate worksheets.