Refresh the XML Mapping of a Folder

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

Currently I have a mapped table where all my XML forms are gathered, however I would like Excel to automatically import this data to me without having to click on the "import" click.

Is it then possible to update an XML mapping without necessarily importing?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

cordially

Remy DARQUES

7 Replies
Import XML Files into Excel
https://www.howtoexcel.org/power-query/import-xml-files/

Just a info to help :)

@NikolinoDEthank you for your answer.

However it seems to me that this import method via Power Query only allows you to select a single XML file while my objective would be to bring all my new XML files back to my table from an actualization.

@Remi131765 

Other ways to import XML data

For more information about issues, see Common issues with importing XML data at the end of this article.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Hello @NikolinoDE,

Thanks for your answer but we don't know how it is possible to refresh an XML file folder

Remi

@Remi131765 

Refresh an external data connection in Excel

You can keep the data in your workbook up to date by "refreshing" the link to its source. Each time you refresh the connection, you see the most recent data, including anything that's new or has been deleted.

Security Note: Connections to external data may be currently disabled on your computer. To refresh the data when you open a workbook, you must enable the data connections by using the Trust Center bar, or you must place the workbook in a trusted location. For more information, see Add, remove, or modify a trusted location for your files, Add, remove, or view a trusted publisher, and View my options and settings in the Trust Center.

Click the heading for more information.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Hello,

First of all I'm sorry for the response time. I have consulted your links and everything seems ok to me, however I cannot update (see the photo).

I tell myself that maybe the problem comes from my files because they are in .xdp format and not .xml as Excel would like.

In this case, is it not possible to obtain data from a Folder that only takes into account .xdp files?

Remi131765_0-1617360365277.png

Thank you

Regards,

Rémi

Maybe this can help you.
https://www.proworkflow.com/blog/2009/10/import-csv-xml-files-into-excel/
They have information on how to import XML and CSV files into excel.