Reformat CSV file

Copper Contributor

Hello All

I've been given a csv file containing data in a certain format. I order for me to use this data in my software I must reformat it.  The reformat format does not look anything like the input but I am hoping someone out there has the knowledge to show me how to preform this task.  I have include sample files showing the original format (OriginalFormat.csv) and what I need it to look like (ReformattedFormat.csv).  

Your help is greatly appreciated

Björn

2 Replies

@Bj_bear55 

Bjorn, that's not only reformatting, that's transforming the data - you have different number of columns, different names for them, different type of data (text vs numbers) in similar columns. Perhaps that's job for Power Query with some M-coding, but that's not clear what exactly is needed.

@Sergei Baklan 

Hello Regei

Your are correct, it is more than simply reformatting.  I'm just a simple Excel user, never having to do more than keying in formulae so when this challenge came across my desk I knew I needed advice from others.  I guess Power Query and M-coding is not simple to learn.  I will try to press my software support for more help...hard to get these days.  Thanks for you advice. 

Björn