Reference/link between sheets

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone, I am trying to solve an issue creating a reference/link between the excel worksheets. I have multiple sheets with data, as I can´t use the original I have created just a simple example which I have uploaded. The very first (and the main) sheet is just a list of experiments and what was used in the experiments, another sheet has values and results of each experiment, the last two (x,y) have graphs. 

I need to create a reference/link between the first one and the others not with formula, but if I ´´click´´ on a cell with specific word i.e. water, ID of the experiment it would then take me to the other sheets, where this word/ID etc was used.

Is this possible? I could not find the answers anywehere else. Would anyone be able to help please? 

Thank you :) 

2 Replies

@AnnaCer 

This is not exactly what you were describing, but I've done it just to illustrate what could be done. This isn't as "pretty" as it could be made. For example, we could create the drop down lists so that any one word appeared only once under the "Used" item. We could also put all of that into a "dashboard"...

The idea is that rather than taking you TO the sheet where that data appears, it brings the data to YOU (to the dashboard).

@mathetes 

Thank you very much, it is good idea as well:-)