SOLVED

Refer to same Column in Table

Copper Contributor

I have a spreadsheet A where I entered a named table (table1). Now i have a Formula on spreadsheet B which refers to column of Name table1[uvw].  I want to copy the formula a column to the right but I still want to refer to table1[uvw] but it refers to the column to ther right table1[xyz]. The use of $ (i.e. $A:$A) doesn't work for tables. Any help?

Thanks

6 Replies
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution
tip
if you formalized the whole column, it might have particular name like: Table2[Column1]. f4 will not work out there.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thanks a lot, that worked. 

Now I have two new issues:

First, how does the same work when I want to refer to a cell within the table? [@[uvw]]:[@[uvw]] doesn't seem to work

Second, since the header can't be repeated I want to concatenate in another Header. i.e. Conlumn Header: "Name1" -> new column header "Name1 alternative". Simply using "CONCATENATE" or & operators doesn't work

Best

@ClaudioGiovanoli Use =Table1[@[uvw]:[uvw]] from both in- and outside the table.

Not sure what you mean with your second question. Can you upload a screenshot or share a file?

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thanks!

I want that in the right header the name of the left is included with some additional text

ClaudioGiovanoli_0-1647956172018.png

@ClaudioGiovanoli I dare to say that it is not possible, as all headers in structured tables are flat texts.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution