Recurring entry list of bills each month.

Copper Contributor

Screenshot of example list.Screenshot of example list.

I have a list of monthly bills. The list is for one month. I would like to create a new list that will use the same day of the month but advance the month format by one each time it recures. Also advance the year format after 12 months. It should continue each entry untill it reaches the end date. The new list will be on a new sheet. The new data sheet will be used to populate a calendar to show my bills for that month and week. I am not sure if i should be using a standered formula or a VBA. Any insight would be appreciated. I am a beginner to excel so bare that in mind, but I learn quickly.

Thanks in advance. 

5 Replies

The new data sheet would show everything in the example above for the month of January. Then repeat the list again with the dates being advanced to the month of February with the same day. This would continue to repeat until a row reaches its end date then would stop repeating.

Not sure what i did wrong on posting this. Maybe it not challenging enough or it to challenging. For those who took the time to at least read it I thank you.

@mattcreamer75 

@mattcreamer75 

I would suggest that your data source should not be linked to any specific month.  That way you can amend it without trying to introduce changes within the monthly reports.

For any given month, the items that have finished before the start of the month or have yet to start by the month end would need to be filtered out (FILTER if you are using 365).  The due date would be the day taken from the data source combined with the month and year from the output table

= DATE(outputYear, outputMonth, inputDay)

If I am understanding you correctly, I do not need a running list. I just need to focus on the Day date to generate each month's report then use a filter formula to weed out the ones that are past the ending date? If so, can you show me how to express that formula. I am new and I know there is a certain order to write that for it to filter correctly. Would I start with a "=DATE" formula first?
Copy your list to new location. in the date copy this formula

=DATE(YEAR(D2),MONTH(D2)+1,DAY(D2))
I am considering the data is in the cell D2 which you are refering.

Copy the above formula to rest of the list. THis will change your monthly dates

For weekly, change the formula to
=DATE(YEAR(T2),MONTH(T2),DAY(T2)+7)

this will add 7 days to the date.

Similarly for bi-weekly change the formula to

=DATE(YEAR(T2),MONTH(T2)+1,DAY(T2)+14)

Once you have done for next list, copy the whole list alongwith the formula to get the incremented value.

Hope this resolves your problem