Re-installation of windows and office 365 - DAX measure DATESINPERIOD not recognising interval 'DAY'

Copper Contributor

I have had windows 10 re-installed and Office 365. A data model which worked properly pre-reinstallation is still calculating correctly in the pivot table post re-installation, however when I want to edit the DAX measure, changing the number of intervals from -180 to -90, an error arises as follows:

The expression is not valid or appears to be incomplete. Please review and correct the expression.
The syntax for 'DAY' is incorrect. (DAX(
AVERAGEX (
DATESINPERIOD (
'Calendar'[Date],
LASTDATE ( 'Calendar'[Date] ),
DAY
),
[Total Sales]
)
)).

Editing the DATESINPERIOD argument requirement for 'number of intervals' does not change when typing in the number of intervals (i.e. -90) and then a comma to start the next argument requirement. .i.e. 'interval'. DAX still requires a 'number of intervals' even though this has been typed, and does not recognise the 'DAY' interval input thereafter. [Difficult to articulate]

The number pad on my laptop now recognises the full-stop ‘.’ as a comma ‘,’ – could this be the problem? [If so how do I resolve it?]

Please help. Many thanks.

1 Reply

@whizzbangy 

Yes, probably the latest is the reason. Change your Windows regional settings or directly customise the settings

Win+R control international Additional settings