SOLVED

Ranking data

Copper Contributor

Dear Excel experts,

I have a table (all students) imported and linked to another workbook. After that, I created a filter in another table (this year) in order to display only students of a specific year (cf. cell B1).

chamseddine_hamdeni_0-1630271656367.png

This is working. However, my aim is to display the data of the second table (this year) ranked according to their ID.

Any solution ?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@chamseddine_hamdeni 

You can nest your use of FILTER in SORT, so it reads =SORT(FILTER(whatever_is_already_there))

P.S. Since you went to the trouble of creating a mockup, containing no real data, it would have been more helpful to post an actual copy of that mockup rather than an image. Here, though, is a YouTube video you might find helpful regarding the use of both FILTER and SORT, along with UNIQUE, all members of the newly released Dynamic Array functions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...
thank you this is working :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@chamseddine_hamdeni 

You can nest your use of FILTER in SORT, so it reads =SORT(FILTER(whatever_is_already_there))

P.S. Since you went to the trouble of creating a mockup, containing no real data, it would have been more helpful to post an actual copy of that mockup rather than an image. Here, though, is a YouTube video you might find helpful regarding the use of both FILTER and SORT, along with UNIQUE, all members of the newly released Dynamic Array functions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

View solution in original post

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...