=RANDARRAY function not working

Copper Contributor

when I type "=RANDARRAY" it doesn't come up as a function in excel. I'm using Excel home and student 2019 if that impacts anything. 

4 Replies

@Joe_Hudson 

As far as I know the RANDARRAY function is only available in Excel for Microsoft 365 and Excel 2021. In Excel 2019, Excel 2016 and earlier versions, the RANDARRAY function is not available.

I don't know specifically about Excel home and student 2019, but it should be Excel 2019 (not available) as well.

Thank you

@Joe_Hudson 

I checked it again, it is what it is.

RANDARRAY function

Excel for Microsoft 365 Excel for Microsoft 365 for Mac Excel for the web Excel 2021 Excel 2021 for Mac Excel for iPad Excel for iPhone Excel for Android tablets Excel for Android phones.

Nevertheless, I wish you a lot of fun and success with Excel.

@Joe_Hudson I can say for sure that the RANDARRAY function USED to work in Excel 2019 because I own 2019 and I built a sheet that used the function quite significantly and now it is broken. I can't find the words to describe my frustration with this, especially as a user who just purchased 2019 not too long ago; now I have to upgrade again to access the features that were always there. I am beyond disappointed in this.