"Contiguous Reference" error when using Data Analysis Tool

Copper Contributor

Greetings.  I am a beginner level user in Excel and am doing a paper for my Master's Degree.  I have followed a tutorial video for how to use the Data Analysis tool in Excel by using the 2 Sample t-Test.  My problem occurs after selecting my ranges.  As you can see in my screenshots that I tried arranging them vertically and horizontally with the same result. Would be grateful to whoever can tell me what I need to differently.  Of course it works perfectly in the tutorial video but I am obviously missing something somewhere.  Thank you! 

Error Message.PNGScenario 1.PNGscenario 2.PNG

7 Replies

I have the same problem. I reference cells in another sheet using data analysis, hit ok, and it comes up with a contagious cell reference error. When I look at the cells I referenced, it's changed completely to "Data!R2C8:R62C12"

Have you fixed your problem? If so, how?

@DougCooley 

I have the same problem on my desktop but not on my laptop.
When I change the options to use R1C1 referencing, I do not get the error and the ATP works well

Hi @DougCooley 

Can you share that video tutorial?

It was so long ago that I cannot access it
so at this point your question is immaterial, have you solved that question?

@Yea_So 

Solution: In the tab where you have the data located, find a blank cell and start data analysis from there, rather than starting data analyses in a different tab. 

Fill out data analyses as needed, click "in new worksheet". The data analyses will be generated in a new worksheet. Hope this helps!

@edubs1895

I was only interested in the video tutorial, I don't have a dataset to analyze

cheers