SOLVED

"Conditional formatting" is only possible with restrictions

Copper Contributor

Hi, actually I'm trying to create a new rule for coloring cells on my excel sheet. My problem is that I can't choose any type of rules (see screenshot). How can I expand the window (as you can see on the second screenshot) to create my own individual rules based i.e. on different numerical values? 

Thank you very much and kind regards

Sebastian 

5 Replies

@SeApel2020 

Sehe Bild.
Dort können Sie Ihre ansätze an Formeln eingeben um die Bedingtwe Formatierung zu aktivieren.

Falls Ihnen die anrtwort nicht zur lösung geführt hat, bitte um kurze rückmeldung.

Wenn doch, bitte als Richtige Antwort Markieren, sa das auch andere Benutzer informiert werden können.

Nikolino
Ich weis das ich nichts weis (Sokrates)

@SeApel2020  This appears to be a Mac questions.  Maybe @mathetes  could help?

You are absolutely right, I missed it ... thanks

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
best response confirmed by SeApel2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SeApel2020 

I do have a Mac, but not in German...when I open the Conditional Formatting dialog box I get this set of choices first. What you seem to be looking for is the last of the options, here called "Classic"

mathetes_0-1596828009521.png

After selecting "Classsic" I am directed to this screen where I can choose (again the last of a set of drop down choices, to "Use a formula..."

mathetes_1-1596828053332.png

Are you not seeing comparable screens in the German edition?

@mathetes Thank you very much! The German version works similarly :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SeApel2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SeApel2020 

I do have a Mac, but not in German...when I open the Conditional Formatting dialog box I get this set of choices first. What you seem to be looking for is the last of the options, here called "Classic"

mathetes_0-1596828009521.png

After selecting "Classsic" I am directed to this screen where I can choose (again the last of a set of drop down choices, to "Use a formula..."

mathetes_1-1596828053332.png

Are you not seeing comparable screens in the German edition?

View solution in original post