Questions about Power Pivot Layout

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have some questions about the layout(format) of a pivot table.

i hope that someone can help me with this issues and/or can tell me where i can find a good tutorial about the layout of a pivot table.

-Sometimes you get as title(subtitle) of a pivot table "Sum Of (field which is used in values). When you post more values or maybe also in other cases you don't get this title,

is it possible to add this title manually in one or other way. Maybe in an option menu.

-Sometimes it is not possible to add a filter to a column of a pivot table. Can someone tell me what the reason can be of this feature

-In one Pivot Table I can add the filter to line of the column names, but i can add them the blank row above the row with column names. Can anyone explain the reason of this feature and how i can resolve this.

-In several pivot tables, i get Row Names or Row Label as name of my first column Header, the other fieldnames of the columns are the names of the attributes that i selected in my Pivot Table as row. Can anyone explain the reason of this feature and how i can resolve this.

Thank You In Advance

My Best Regards

2 Replies

@MarcBergmans 

Please provide a workbook with examples so we can investigate.

@MarcBergmans 

Yes, it's better to explain on example. In general it depends do you use compact or tabular view. In tabular view you have field names as they are. In compact form you may aggregate on more than one field (e.g. Country & City), thus you have Row label by default. You may double click on it and change the title. Which aggregation do you use in Values affects column name. By default that's Sum for numbers and Count for texts. You may change aggregation in Value Field Settings as well as column change and its format. Filter - depends on do you use label filter or value filter.