[Question] Can you write a conditional statement to sort times based on date.

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am very curious I'm trying to write a spreadsheet that will calculate lost time over few days. 

The spreadsheet will have all weeks, using a given date: e.g.

A vertical cell will have a information from dates 11/02/2022, 12/02/2022 etc.

I have a cell of total time lost, what I essentially want it to do is filter it e.g. take every duration from 11/02/2022 and add it together, is there a formula I could use?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply

@AdrianMachnik 

As of this writing, you've had 34 views, no replies. I suspect that's at least in part because it's not at all clear what you're trying to do.

You say you're trying to create a spreadsheet: I'm going to presume that means you've got one in the works. Why don't you attach it, whatever state it's in. That will go a long way toward helping us visualize what your words are attempting to describe.

Then, in addition, if you could give an example or two of what the data would be and what you expect the result of the formula to be. Formulas themselves are often pretty easy, but you first need to know in words (or examples) what it is that you want to do.

Now, if you want to try to figure it out yourself, here's a link to a website, specifically to a page with some instructions on "date math" in Excel. https://exceljet.net/formula/get-work-hours-between-dates-custom-schedule

But if you want help here, please give us a hand in helping you by doing the things I describe above.