QUERY

Copper Contributor

I am Nakul Niwal, MASTERS IN CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT from UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON. Curently I am working as a project coordinator with Blakely Construction Co. Inc. We are mechanical construction company since 60 years with the best in class reputation. We do fabrication, repairing of vessels, and into the construction of the CS, CTB’s and SWD’s on turn key basis. I assist our upper management team and I am also into quantity take offs. I am writing this email in order to know the following, 1) About the best possible tool which can be used for conducting the take offs from the isometric drawings. ( I along with my senior estimator spent a lot of hours in quantity take offs. We realized that we are wasting a lot of time in this thereby yielding less productivity.). Our objective behind this is to be more productive in order to keep our company more busy occupied with multiple clients and their projects. 2) About the best possible project management software from which we can forecast about the status of the current ongoing projects as like a forecast. (I have been making the detailed project status reports in order to figure out in which activity we are spending more money than budget, where we are under budget. I use the earned value management theory to track the progress and to get the forcast of the project, in order to figure out whether we are making money or losing. I submit these detail reports to my project manager to allow him to take the correct actions and steps to keep the project under budget.) On responding, if you ask to attach any files created by me, I will definitely share.  Your response and cooperation will be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to call, text or email me on the provided information in my signature. 

1 Reply
Your post does not contain any specific Excel question and therefore has very little chance in receiving valuable answers.

Volunteers answer most of the questions here, so be as concise as you can while still providing sufficient information to describe your problem.