SOLVED

[QUERY] How to Highlight Cells of the Same Colour : Microsoft Excel

Copper Contributor

This was my Google search, no relevant results.

"microsoft excel how to highlight cells of the same colour"

I want to highlight all the cell of the same colour, so that I can change them all at once.

E.g. Highlight all the blue cells, so that I can change them to red.

Is there some way to do this?

Conditional formatting only looks at Cell Values like Text, Errors, Blanks.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by yeokaiwei (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Save the file first. Select the entire range you want to change that contain the colored cells. On the home tab of the ribbon go to Find and Select on the far right, and select Replace.... Click on the OPTIONS<<< box to display the other options. On the Find what: line choose Format... Choose Format from the list. Find the Fill tab and select the current color. Say OK. Do the same thing for the Replace with: line and choose the new color. Click Replace All.

@SqueakySneakers

Thanks that worked.

Ctrl-H, expand Options, Format, Choose Colour, Fill Tab, Choose colour and replace.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by yeokaiwei (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Save the file first. Select the entire range you want to change that contain the colored cells. On the home tab of the ribbon go to Find and Select on the far right, and select Replace.... Click on the OPTIONS<<< box to display the other options. On the Find what: line choose Format... Choose Format from the list. Find the Fill tab and select the current color. Say OK. Do the same thing for the Replace with: line and choose the new color. Click Replace All.

View solution in original post