Pyramid Hierarchy Data Entry

Copper Contributor
Hi All,

I want to build a master excel sheet to be used as a database for filling in data in a hierarchical pyramidal way and I want to fill it with forms not manually. Please note that going from the lowest level to the upper each layer would include all of the below levels repeated. I don’t know how to explain it well but let’s give an example to make it easier:
Assume I want to gather the price of all cars within a specific manufacturer and assume that this manufacturer has the following categories l:
1- engine : petrol or diesel
2- type: sedan or hatchback
3- color: red, blue
4- two seaters or 4 seaters

And all combinations are valid and I want to make the pyramid in the order mentioned above so I need to create the attached excel sheet automatically from a form to be filled in a drop down menu manner like:

A square form having four drop down menus where first one I choose petrol or diesel then sedan or hatchback and then blue or red and final 2 or 4 seats all of these are drop down menu and an empty cell named price where I type in the price in this form and it goes to the corresponding cell automatically as in the sheet

Can anyone help me how to build such master sheet and the associated forms ? Please note that I am talking about 100’s of records so building the columns headers along (because of repetition in each layer being a subset) would be a nightmare by itself apart from filling the data itself

Thanks a lot in advance
1 Reply

@Mmelkhouly 

Shortly after my thoughts flow I put something together on the fast. I hope that will help you to get ahead in your project.

If you liked this information / answer, please mark it as the best answer and thumbs up :-), so other members of this forum can also benefit from it.

Wish you a nice day.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)