Pulling Information in from another sheet

Copper Contributor

Good Morning,

I am using Excel 2013.  I am trying to keep track of billing amounts per client that is billed different amounts.  I have a main sheet that has the billing code and amount on it.  I want to create a log that keeps track of the amounts billed by having a column that you input the billing code and in the next column have a formula that will fill in the bill amount according to the main sheet that has all the billing codes and amounts.  I am needing help in the formula that was automatically fill in the billing amount.

3 Replies

@KHeath883 You don't give away much, but I guess you need to look into  VLOOKUP. More about that in the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vlookup-function-0bbc8083-26fe-4963-8ab8-93a18ad188a1 

@KHeath883 

If you’re looking to ask a question or start a conversation about Excel, you’re in the right place!

However, in order to receive an answer from the other users here, it would be advantageous to observe a few rules.

Please include the following info to help others answer your question: Click on the Link
Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE Sorry for the lack of information.  I have a worksheet set up with two pages.  The first page is set up with billing codes and amounts like this  

KHeath883_0-1628622057902.png

And a second page with a table set up like this..

KHeath883_1-1628622102719.png

I'm trying to find a formula that when I input the billing code (i.e.) 97016 it will find the amount on page 1 and automatically put that amount on page 2 in the allowable column.