Problems with # NAME in Excel 2016.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with 50 columns and 5,000 lines.  It worked well before. A few days ago, without changing anything, it started to show in almost all cells # NAME.  I cannot find what´s going on. The surprising thing is that, without changing any formula or moving anything to another cell, if I touch the parenthesis in one of the cells that shows # NAME,  the correct number appears, eliminating the message # NAME.  The cell stores the number, but it cannot show it.    Apparently, it dos not recognize text in conditional clauses like  IF (a20= "", b20,0) and similar ones.  This never happended in the past.  I am attaching part of the file.  If someone touches the parentheis  or bracket in cell j307 for instance, the cell will show the content...... But what´s hapenning?   . I have to adjust all formulas manually to see the numbers.    Thanks to everyone who can help me.

2 Replies

@Marcvar8 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Excel space - please post Excel questions here in the future. 

Thank you Eric. I apologize for the mistake. I tried to place correctly..... I will go to the Excel space. Good bye !!