Problem with Excel Formatting and inserting new rows

Copper Contributor

I have at least 10 empty rows at the bottom of my worksheet to allow more information to be added. I did something and now when I try to add-in new rows I get this error message "Microsoft Excel can't insert new cells because it would push non-empty cells off the end of the worksheet.  These non-empty cells might appear empty but have blank values, some formatting, or a formula.  Delete enough rows or columns to make room for what you want to insert and then try again."  I have tried to remove formulas and I don't see where any are added.  Please help.

5 Replies
I found my answer. I'm all set

@Lynn23 

With your permission, please add a / this file (without sensitive data).

So you can exclude a lot in advance without causing a lot of writing traffic.

Explain your plan or problem on the basis of this file. this way you will come to a solution proposal that might suit you much faster and better.

Thank you for you all understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thank you for your quick reply. I found my solution and It worked great. The solution was fairly simple. You click on the last cell outside of your worksheet then hit Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow. Then while holding down the Ctrl+Shift keys you right-click. Then hit Delete, then Entire Row. This solved my problem. I found that I had added a formula on row 106,562.
I am glad for you that you could find a solution to your problem.

I wish you continued success with Excel.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
Ooh, thank you! I get this problem all the time! I will try out your solution next time.