Problem with Drill-down pivot table

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have three pivot tables with several slicers connected to each of the tables.

When I drill down to details in anyone of the tables it doesn't always reflect the filters from the slicers.

It seems that if one single value is filtered from one slicer, the details still include all the data from that slicers values. If two or more values is filtered in the slicer, the drill down seems to include the correct data.

The discussed work-around of adding an actual filter to the pivot tables doesn't solve the problem, also that bug should be solved in Excel 2016, which is the version I use.

The pivot tables are based on data from PowerPivot (excel table)

Any suggestions on how to address this?

Best regards

Fredrik

28 Replies
If I DL your example file and double-click cell I2 on either worksheet, I get a new worksheet inserted (as expected). Both new worksheets contain the same three records:
ID Provider Shipper Country Consignee Country Weight
18 TNT CN DE 67.7
17 DHL CN DE 10.1
4 UPS DE DE 27.8

Very interesting, when I make a double click on "I2" in sheet "Table loaded in PowerPivot" I get 12 records. From sheet "Table direct Pivot" I get correctly 3 records back.
Is my Excel / PowerPivot broken? My colleagues have the same issue.
I have this Excel Version (2016) and Build:

image.png

My Excel version is newer: version 1808, bld 10730.20053 (click to run)

I get the same result as @Jan Karel Pieterse,   3 records   

Really odd getting 12 results

Thanks for jumping in Wyn.

Sounds like an old bug that should have been fixed but clearly isn't

https://contexturesblog.com/archives/2012/03/22/drill-to-detail-with-excel-slicer-filters/

The workaround sounds like you also add the filters in your slicers to your filter pane of your pivot.

Not great 

Sounds like an old bug that should have been fixed but clearly isn't

https://contexturesblog.com/archives/2012/03/22/drill-to-detail-with-excel-slicer-filters/

The workaround sounds like you also add the filters in your slicers to your filter pane of your pivot.

Not great 

I have the same issue has this been resolve? Anyone can share input how to overcome this in PowerPivot? Appreciate any input from you guys @Wyn Hopkins 

Does the workaround above not work for you Mielkew ?