Problem with colored cell cursor disappearing when linking across tabs

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've run into an issue when building a formula and referencing cells across tabs.  When I start the formula and refer to a cell on the same tab, the usual colored cell browser shows up and follows my keystrokes as I go up/down/left/right on the same tab.  But once I go to the next tab as if I wanted to reference a cell, the colored cursor goes away and I can't see where I'm at on the page visually.  I still see the cell address changing in the formula bar as I go U/D/L/R on the page, but can't see the colored cursor.  Makes it very difficult to track where I'm at on the page.  And then if I tab back to the original tab with the formula open the cursor also doesn't show up there anymore.  I'm running XLS 365 on desktop, and problem is not limited to one file.  I also tried with my dual monitors running as well as just on laptop screen w/ all external monitors unconnected and issue persists.

1 Reply

@BMartz81 

Maybe I am not the most suitable to give you a solution to this issue, but with your permission, if I can recommend you, add a MS Excel file (without sensitive data) to your project.

Explain your plans in relation to this file. So you can get a solution that is tailored to your needs much faster.

At the same time, it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.

A win-win situation for everyone.

Please no picture, even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)