Problem running Excel Advanced Formula Environment

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have installed the Advanced Formula Environment on my Microsoft 365 version of Excel (Version 2204 Build 16.0)

It installs successfully and shows up on my Ribbon under the Home Tab.

However when I click on it and try to run it I get the following error message:

This add-in won't run in your version of Office. Please upgrade to either one-time purchase Office 2021 or to a Microsoft 365 account.

Is anyone familiar with this issue and able to help resolve it?

Thanks

Samir

7 Replies

Marshall99_0-1654003571563.png

I had the same issue. I have MS 365 Apps for Business. I spent several hours on the phone with a MS support person. They had me add the Advanced Formula Environment (AFE) for my organization in the MS admin panel, then in Excel, go to Insert >> Get Add-ins >> Admin Managed. However the AFE plugin doesn't show up, it just says "no add-ins currently available." Does the same happen for you? MS support person had me change all kinds of registry entries and settings to no effect, then he gave up and told me to come to this forum.

@Marshall99 

That's more question to global administrator of your tenant if everything was done correctly, that's not on Office user site.

Deploy add-ins in the admin center - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Docs

I am having this exact same problem. Install the addin and get this message when I try to use.

This add-in won't run in your version of Office. Please upgrade to either one-time purchase Office 2021 or to a Microsoft 365 account.

I have a M365 subscription.

Without this addin, defining LAMBDAs via the Excel Name manager is horrible, one tiny box to enter in, no line break (ALT+ENTER does not work here)

LAMBDAs are great, but still some usability problems.
Thanks.
That thread highlights that the Addin is fine in Excel Online and only failing in the desktop version. That is my experience also. It would be great if it worked in desktop Excel but meanwhile I can use Excel online to manage the larger LAMBDA definitions and continue to work mainly in the desktop. I think that's workable even if a tad inconvenient. Hopefully the issue gets fixed soonish.
I just noticed that this add in (Advanced Formula Environment) is now working for me in the Excel desktop version. Not sure what update fixed it, the addin version looks unchanged. Excel version 2206. WIndows 10.