SOLVED

PROBLEM IN MY EXCEL FOR WEB

Copper Contributor

NOTIFICATON CAME WHEN I REFRESH MY DETA FOR AUTOMATIC UPDATE
Anonymous- 
use anonymous access for this Web content
WEB SITE CONTENT SHOWN HEAR HAVE ACCESS FOR EVERY PEOPLE AND MANY PEOPLE USE THE SAME WAY TO GET DETA 9 https://www.nseindia.com/api/equity-stocklndices
BUT ITS NOT RUNING FOR ME
NOTIFICATION SHOWN FOR ME IN EXCEL (WITHOUT USEING ANY KNID OF VPN ) We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again.
SHOWING SAME RESULTS AFTER REFRESHING OR RE DONE MY QUREY

3 Replies

@SUBHASHBHUVAN_19 

That could have something to do with the Power Query Web connector.

As it appears, they are using a VPN where several people use the same account to access their stock market data.

Don't think that this has anything to do with Excel. But who am I?

... I just know that I don't know anything :)

Try a simple alternative method to solve this by changing "anonymous connection" to "basic" and passing the API key as the username on both the desktop and the service.

Suggested solution is without guarantee, I have never tried it that way.

Here is some additional info:

Web

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/web/web

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

best response confirmed by SUBHASHBHUVAN_19 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@NikolinoDE  , thank you for reply 

now it notifying that 

{expression error }the user agent header is only supported when connecting anonymously, these headers can be used with a;; authentication types:accept,accept charset,accept encoding,accept language, cachecontrol,content type,if modified since,prefer,range,referer

You are welcome I am glad that you could find a solution. I wish you continued success with Excel (the coolest invention since chocola... uh ... Microsoft! :-))) And…Please keep asking here - I just taught myself Excel with the help of this forum… nearly :)) Nikolino I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SUBHASHBHUVAN_19 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@NikolinoDE  , thank you for reply 

now it notifying that 

{expression error }the user agent header is only supported when connecting anonymously, these headers can be used with a;; authentication types:accept,accept charset,accept encoding,accept language, cachecontrol,content type,if modified since,prefer,range,referer

View solution in original post