Printing problem

Copper Contributor

I have Windows 10 and Office 365.  I have an EXCEL folder of files, and each file one page in a "book".  The filenames each start with the appropriate page number:  "1 -- aaaaa", " 12 -- mmm", "122 -- yyyyyyyy".  Does anyone have a clever way to print out all the files in page-number order?

4 Replies

@WittyGuy55 

With your permission, if I can recommend. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture. Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases. This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better, a win-win situation for everyone.

Do you mean renaming worksheets and putting them in order?
Please provide an exact description of the matter, if possible, as already written, with a work folder.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Thx for ur response.  I've attached the first 5 files of my "ancestry" folder.  U will see that each filename begins with that file's page number.  Each page number is unique but not sequential.  Each position in the page number is a 1 (male) or a 2 (female).  A two-digit number is the second generation, a three-digit number is the third generation. etc.  I need to print out my files in order, according to the page numbers. 

@WittyGuy55 

I am not sure what your plan is, the translation is not clear, but I am still sending you what I understand as a file. If this is not exactly what you want, please clearly define what exactly you want to do.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

@WittyGuy55 

But when it comes to print sequence, here are some possible solutions. Just have to say in which direction it should go.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino