SOLVED

Printing on legal size paper

Copper Contributor

Using 16.16.7 Excel for Mac.

I set up my printer to use legal paper - adjusted tray.

Excel doesn't recognize legal size paper and outputs margins set to letter size.

I looked in preferences and don't see anything where I can set paper size.

Help

6 Replies

@Piano_ManOnce you go to Print from the main menu, do you see a dialog box like this?

clipboard_image_0.png

If so, you should be able to change Paper Size there, to "US Legal" ... granted, that's not as satisfying as somehow associating it with the whole spreadsheet, but it does work...

@mathetes 

This is my dialog box. Who knew that there would be such an extreme difference between platforms? 

You see that "Show Details" box down at the bottom of your screen image? Click on that. It took me a while, but I went and looked at mine and the box at the bottom was saying "Hide Details"
I think that's the difference, and that's where you'll be able to pick Legal size paper, among many many other things having to do with options on your printer.

@mathetes I just tried it with high hopes but the same result: Three columns print out of four (the widest one).

best response confirmed by Piano_Man (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Piano_Man 

SOLVED but not ideal. I copied Excel and pasted it into a Word document, using the same settings. After reducing column width, the text was not cut off and I have what I need.

Strange how the settings work in Word but not Excel.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Piano_Man (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Piano_Man 

SOLVED but not ideal. I copied Excel and pasted it into a Word document, using the same settings. After reducing column width, the text was not cut off and I have what I need.

Strange how the settings work in Word but not Excel.

View solution in original post