Printing multiple pages with subdivision headers at the top

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I would like to solve an issue which can be approached three ways.

I have a very long aircraft maintenance task list divided by component.  I would like to print the list while repeating the header of the subdivision on the top of the pages the section is spread over.

For example.  The first section is "preparation" which is 7 rows and fits comfortably within the first page.  The second section is "airframe" and it has 29 rows and is spread onto page 2.  I would like the header of that section to repeat on page 2.  Then I have "powerplant" which is 17 lines and starts on page 2, but goes onto page 4.  I would like the header of the powerplant section to be repeated at the top of page 3 and 4.   

If someone can tell me how to do that, my problem is solved.

A second way to approach the problem is to divide the task list by component into separate sheets and have them print without the integrated page breaks and with the repeated headers.

I think I've complicated the problem here.... 

Third is to have a generic header repeated (ex. 100 hr/200hr/300hr) and have the component name in a merged cell on the left which encases the rows of the subdivision.  The problem here is the content of column 1 is not repeated on all the pages.  So on page two it is a long empty cell. Is there a way to repeat the content of that cell over the number of pages it is spread over?

Thank you!

I hope this question is as clear as it is in my head

Sylvie B.

1 Reply

@Sylvie291101 

If you’re looking to ask a question or start a conversation about Excel, you’re in the right place!  Ask away.

Please include your Excel version, sample file, and a bit of context to help others answer your question