Printing a specified area without color!!

Brass Contributor

Hi All

I want to print the below with Area 1 (Green Color) in "color" and area 2 (Blue Color) in "black and white", is it possible??

Example.jpg

7 Replies

I think you'd need to add a conditional formatting switch

So in A1 type the word "Print View?", in B1 Type Yes
Then highlight your blue cells and go to Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule > Using a formula =$B$1="Yes" and chose a Black or White background with White or Black font

Hi Did not understand. @Wyn Hopkins 

I want this to be done during the print

@Sameer_Kuppanath_Sultan  Hi Sameer, if you want to print all of this on one sheet, then change the background and font color and take the print,  but if you want to take the print of specific area like green color etc. Then first select that area you want to take a print and -under the page layout tab in home ribbon- click on print area- now in print area dropdown button click on - set print area - now check the print preview - to know if you got the one you want. 

Hi @Sameer_Kuppanath_Sultan 

My suggestion was to toggle the setting prior to clicking print.

Potentially you could use a Macro to automate it changing, printing, changing back

I can't see how else it would be possible

Thanks@Wyn Hopkins 

Could you please share the macros!

Hi -@getguidedlearning 

I need to take whole the report in both black and white color, is it possible?  

@Sameer_Kuppanath_Sultan 

Something like this

Sub MyPrint()

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Range("Switch").Value = "Printing"   ' where Switch is a named cell that your Conditional formatting is linked to

Application.Calculate

Range("MyPrintRange").PrintOut Preview:=True   'where MyPrintRange is a named range you've created for your print area

Range("Switch").Value = "Not Printing"

End Sub