Print a table on one page as multiple kolums.

Copper Contributor

Hello

I have a long table that has four columns. I want to print it so that you can view the entire table on one page. Right now I manually cut and paste the table into four or five kolumns to fit a printed page.

I would like to be able to work with, sort and change the data in the table without having to re-do the cut and paste each time. I would like Excel to print the table the same way automatically even if i sort the table differently or add a row. The table has the same four colums all the time, the data and the number of rows do change.

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

Kindly Johan

7 Replies

@Johan_Lannefors 

Hi 

You can scale your page using Page Setup:

1. Click the Page Layout tab in the Ribbon.
  2. In the Page Setup group, click the dialog box launcher on the bottom right corner of the group. The Page Setup dialog box appears.
  3. Click the Page tab.
  4. Enter a scale amount or choose Fit to Page options.
  5. Click OK. Be sure to preview the result.

or you can press Ctrl + P and manager your print settings from the back stage. 

Hope i understood your question correctly and was able to assist 

@Johan_Lannefors 

Hi

First thing you need to know that although the width is easy to fit in one page, however if you have lots of records the font might be too small when you fit them in a single page.

The Process is as follows:

Print Settings.png

1. Click on the Page Layout Tab
  2. Click on the dialog box launcher (as shown in picture) or use the shortcut ALT, P, SP
  3. In the Page Setup dialog Box opens to the Page Tab
  4. Click the Radio Button for "Fit To". You may select to set the width to 1 and may be (if needed) set the length (Tall) to 1, 2, 3,... 
  5. Click on the Margins Tab
  6. Reduce the Top Margin
  7. Reduce the Bottom Margin
  8. Center Horizontally
  9. Preview and Print

Hope that helps

Nabil Mourad

@nabilmourad 

@Theo_Bear 

Thank you both!

I will try and explain better.

I have this table with about 500 rows.

Table.PNG

And I want to be able to print it like this, even after I have been working with it adding/removing rows and data.

Print.PNG

Kindly Johan

@Johan_Lannefors 

Please see link below for further guidance. It's matter of scaling your page set up, there are many ways to skin this cat. 

However, given the amount of data you have it wont read nicely cramped into a single page. From the second screen shoot i notice that you have many tables on one sheet? 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/fit-to-one-page-f3015be3-e007-4762-90a7-19ebc8052511

Hope I helped somehow. 

Thanks!

I have one table placed on Sheet1.
I want to be able to print that table on a paper so it ends up looking like the second Picture.

If I simply create lots of cell references it turns ugly once I start i remove and add rows to the source, the original table. This being due to that if i remove row 100, it will not get the data from the new row 100, but it will say there is no reference as I removed the cells (row) that it was pointing to. A strict instruction to get the data from row number 100 no matter if I add or remove rows should solve the problem.

@Johan_Lannefors 

Hello

What you need to do is a bit different that what I understood from the original question!!

You need to set MULTIPLE print areas and then print them side by side.

You my be able to do that in one of the following techniques:

Method One:

This post talks about the same issue:

https://excel.tips.net/T002779_Multiple_Print_Areas_on_a_Single_Printed_Page.html

Method Two:

Use the "Camera Tool" it's a hidden tool that you need to add to quick Access Toolbar. It will help you take a dynamic screenshot of the Four Ranges, put them side by side on another sheet, resize them the way you like then print the worksheet.

Alternatively you can copy each range and Paste Special AS LINKED PICTURE, then do the same as with the Camera tool.

Hope that helps

Nabil Mourad

@nabilmourad 

@Johan_Lannefors

Hi Both, agree with Nabil. I finally understand your requirements. 

Try the following:

1. Right-click a worksheet tab at the bottom of the window and click “Select All Sheets.” Or, hold down the Ctrl key and click individual sheets that you want to include in the printing.
  2. Click the small arrow to the bottom right of the Page Layout tab, which will default to the Page tab.
  3. Select the Fit To option under Scaling, and set it to 1 page wide by 1 page tall.
  4. Click the Print button this box.
  5. Select the Print Active Sheets button under the Setting header, then select Print Entire Workbook.
  6. Click Print.

Hope that helps