Prevent Changes to Conditionally Formatted Cells

Copper Contributor

Please see attached sheet.

Everything beginning with column H and moving right on the sheet has been conditionally formatted based on the "Required" quantity in column D.

When the required quantity in column D has to change from say, 2 to 6, how do I keep all the previous formats locked and prevent them from changing when I increase the required quantity in column D? Currently, any change to column D will naturally change the conditions in the other columns. 

I need to lock those other columns so only the newer entries will be affected by the conditional formatting.

Thanks for the help on this....

Marty

1 Reply

Well, I figured out a workaround to this. Cut the column D and paste into a different sheet in the workbook. The conditional formatted values will follow that column to its new home. I can create a new Quantity column with the updated quantities, apply the conditional formatting rules to a cell in that new column, use the format painter and done. All new entries (counts) will format as desired and there will be no changes made to the previous quantities. Hopes this helps someone else. If someone shares a better solution to this, that would be great.