Presentation

Copper Contributor

Good morning,
I am trying to put together a " flow of information " process with supporting documents at each stage of the process. I have developed several Excel document formats (without formulas) that would be completed at different stages of the flow of information. My question is how do I best save each document in a single page view for presentation without having to go from file to file to file of each proposed document. My goal is to save the spreadsheets in a " print preview " style format and be able to roll down through the documents or click through them in order of progression and have just the sheet view I create. Does that make sense ?
Please advise, Thank you for your time.

1 Reply

@brianclark1972 

Is it possible for you to post an example of the spreadsheets you have developed? You've given an extensive description but it's still difficult to picture exactly what you're wanting to accomplish.

One idea that occurs to me, though--again it would be more helpful if we could see not only what you want the presentation pages to look like, as well as the "raw data" on which those pages are presented--is to:

• keep all your data in a single database, with stages identified distinctly by of of the columns in each row of data
  • develop a "dashboard" sheet to which you extract the relevant data for each stage based on the ID given to the stage
  • You could then cycle through the stages on that single "dashboard"

The advantage of this approach is ease of maintenance--the single dashboard format would allow you to enhance it, modify it for clarity, add additional fields of data, and automatically have those changes applicable to each stage. Having separate sheets for each stage makes that kind of consistency harder to achieve.

Anyway, for more specific help, please post a copy of what you're working with, so long as it doesn't contain proprietary information. If that's the case, maybe post a mock-up.