PowerPivot Data Model Opening Error in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hello there,

I am working with Excel and I accidentally created a PowerPivot Data Model connection that I don't want. I did this when I clicked on Data > Manage Data Model.   Now, I am unable to delete it, and I keep getting this error message when I click anywhere in my workbook. I do not want to work with PowerPivot at this time, so I just want to get rid of the Data Model connection so I can get this error message out of my hair.

I would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you. I've included the Error Dialogue Box and Error Message below:

JohnDoggs_37_0-1630421597685.png

Method not found: 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.IAddinInterface Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingSandbox.get_StaticAddinInterface()'.

============================
Call Stack:
============================

at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.InProcServer.LoadSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.InProcServer.LoadSafeSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.InProcServer.LoadOLEDBConnection(Boolean raiseCompleteEvent, String errorCache)

1 Reply

@JohnDoggs_37 

How did you try to delete it, form here?

image.png