SOLVED

Power Query tab on Mac ?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Recently switched to Macbook, I notice that the Excel environment is slightly modified compared to the Windows interface.
I have a problem with this upheaval. Indeed, I was using requests from web sources. But on the mac I can't find any tab to check the sources already present in the document, or even to modify them....
I looked in the preferences, but I didn't find anything.
Do you have any idea how to reach it?
Thank you in advance!

Nb : I have the latest Excel's version

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Quentin85 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Quentin85

Hi,

Power Query is still not supported on Mac, but the good news is that the Excel team is planned to support it soon according to this idea.

Regards

@Haytham Amairah 

Do you know when exactly Power Query will be available for Mac? It looks like it is in the works according to your post, but eager to know some times! Must learn this tool.

@CEdward0764 

It goes forward by small steps, the latest one Import data from local files using Power Query in Excel for Mac - Microsoft Tech Community

I don't think that PQ for Mac will ever have same functionality as other versions (PQ for Excel, PQ Online, etc, they are all some different), but hope at least basic functionality will be in nearest future.

Thanks Sergei. Another related question. How can I import data from financial statements from the web (e.g. Yahoo Finance) for analysis in Excel. This link here suggests go to Data tab > From Web > Copy and paste link of financial statement, etc. I have MS Office 2019 and don't seem to have this 'From Web' option, but I do have 'Get external data' (including from HTML, text, and new database query): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-uICE9akmA&ab_channel=MyE-Lesson. What should I do?
How come this is not available on MS Office 2019 for Mac? "Queries and Connections"? If I were to download excel on a windows PC would I get access to Power Query? This is terribly frustrating that such an essential add-in is not available for mac.

@CEdward0764 

In general, Office 2019 is not feature updated version, that's only Office 365 has feature updates on regular basis. Next feature update for Office 2019 will be with Office 2021.

As for the platform, only Office on Windows has full functionality. Power Query on Mac has very very limited functionality, but it's slowly improved. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Quentin85 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Quentin85

Hi,

Power Query is still not supported on Mac, but the good news is that the Excel team is planned to support it soon according to this idea.

Regards

View solution in original post