Power Query , refresh data changes

Copper Contributor

There is a source table ( Source table Photo )

The data from the source is imported to another sheet in the same excel file using power query, with the filter of the column to text ( to row ) ( Imported Table photo  )

There are two additional columns manually added to the imported table ( Additional Column )

The data are manually filled in the additional column ( Manually entered data )

When there is new data updated in the source file ( New data in source file )

and when the power query is refreshed, the last entry made in the additional column gets changed and is coming in the last row of the refreshed table ( Error photo )

i don't want the manually entered data to get changed to the last row of the refreshed table

3 Replies

@rakesh1810 Search on-line for "self-referencing table power query" and you'll find several resources that deal with this issue. For example, this one:

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/self-referencing-tables-power-query/ 

I tried using self-referencing but when I used split the column to row function the referencing is not coming properly,

The values get duplicated every time i refresh

as there is no unique column in both tables

@rakesh1810 It's difficult to come up with a solution based on a few screen shots of tables. Can you upload or share a file with a realistic sample of your raw data? One table as the starting point and another one simulating updated data. Include the queries you made, even when they don't deliver the correct answers.

But if there is no way you can match the rows with manually added comments with the updated data set (without the comments) it might be impossible. Would have to see some real data, though.