Power Query in Excel does not automatically load new data

Copper Contributor

Hello MS community, happy Friday!

I am having an issue with Excel's power query function. Here is the situation:

So I have one excel sheet with a table that automatically gets a row added to it when a file is added in sharepoint. (Power Automate)

Then I have another excel sheet which I have linked to Table1 using power query to extract the product name from the file added in sharepoint. The query works perfectly to do what I want.

The problem is that the excel sheet with the power query does not load new data when the source table has been updated with power automate.

When I hover over my queries I can see that the preview has loaded in the new rows like I want but it does not load it into the sheet?

I have looked at all the settings, and I have set the query to auto refresh every few minutes, however the "Last refreshed" time stays constant and does not change even when I manually refresh the query.

I have also looked at the load to settings, but when I select load to table it gives me an error saying that it can't overlap an existing table.

Any ideas how I can fix this so the query automatically refreshes and loads the new rows as well.

Here are some screenshots for more insight, any help would be very helpful!

Best case scenario for me would be that when a new row is added to the source table, power query automatically transforms the data how I set it up, and the automatically loads a new row into the result table without me having to do anything.

Query1.PNGQuery2.PNGQuery3.pngQuery4.PNGQuery5.PNGQuery6.PNG

1 Reply
is the table in sharepoint an excel formatted table? or is it just a regular data range?