SOLVED

Power Query et Power Pivot avec Excel en achat définitif

Copper Contributor

Bonjour à tous,

Je souhaite acheter Excel 2019 sur Mac en achat définitif, sans passer par un abonnement Microsoft 365, pour une utilisation dans le contrôle de gestion.

Sur cette version, est-ce que je pourrai utiliser les fonctions avancées des TCD ainsi que les compléments Power Query, Power Pivot ...

Je vous remercie de vos retours.

Bonne soirée à tous.

9 Replies
Power Query et Power Pivot sont inclus dans Excel 2019

(traduit avec google)

Hi @Wyn Hopkins !

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I am reassured I will be able to buy the software.

Have a nice day.

Cordially.

best response confirmed by Wyn Hopkins (MVP)
Solution

@Aurelien1745 You tagged your question with "Excel on Mac". Power Query and Power Pivot are NOT available on that platform. Some limited PQ functions are available, but you can not create or edit queries in Excel for the Mac.

@Aurelien1745 

Excellent point by @Riny_van_Eekelen.  Apologies I did not notice the Mac part.

@Riny_van_Eekelen thank you for your answer.

If I understand Power functionalities are not avalable in Excel for Mac, isn’t it ?

If I would like to use these I had to use Excel for Windows ?

And what about Excel online ? In my browser ?

Aurélien

@Aurelien1745 Nope! You'll need a desktop Excel version for Windows. But, you can run Windows on a Mac using Bootcamp (starts-up your Mac with either MacOs or Windows) or products like VMWare or Parallels (these allow you to swap between both systems without restarting).

I'm using the last option on a fairly old MacBook Pro (late 2012). It's a bit slow if you handle very large data sets, but still acceptable for me.

@Riny_van_Eekelen alright I understand. so i can use a mac and use a virtual machine to emulate windows. what is the configuration of your macbook pro please?

Here you have the specs:

Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 18.39.50.png

@Riny_van_Eekelen Thank you so much.

I think I will buy a similar macbook pro and follow your solution, a good compromise.
Thank you again, have a nice day.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Wyn Hopkins (MVP)
Solution

@Aurelien1745 You tagged your question with "Excel on Mac". Power Query and Power Pivot are NOT available on that platform. Some limited PQ functions are available, but you can not create or edit queries in Excel for the Mac.

View solution in original post