Power query doesn't load all columns

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to import a TCD from file 1 to file 2 using Power Qwery to automate it but when I laod the data the new table doesn't have all the colum from the first file. I don't understant what is the isue (I load 10/20 colum).

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind regard

3 Replies

Hi @ferfer1900 

It's highly probable the names/number of columns is hard-coded in your query. For example, if you setup your query with a (source) table of 10 columns and the new (source) table consists or 15 columns, if your query doesn't dynamically manage the names/number of columns, only the 1st 10 columns are taken into account

If you need more help with this please post the code of your query 

@L z. thanks to your concerne 

I don't have a true request because I use the excel process "importation of data from excel files" should be able to load all my TCD and like you can see it's load until september but my TCD finish in jully 23. Not sure if it's more clear for your understanding.

ferfer1900_1-1645526634907.png

Kind regard

@ferfer1900 

I better see what you mean. Be aware that the Power Query Navigator (Navigateur for you) window only shows a preview of the sheet/table you select and that preview can be truncated for performances reason

So, what happens if you select "TCD Produit" in the Navigateur window and click on "Transformer les données" (at the bottom of the window), do you see all your columns in the Power Query Editor?