SOLVED

Power Query connect to Power BI Pro

Copper Contributor

Hi,

a short explanation on my infrastructure:

- i have an Office 365 Group which have an excel document shared on it.

- on my power bi desktop (i upgraded the license to Pro), i published a dataset which is built from this excel file 

- i have another excel file (on the computer of the user office 365 group) that needs to connect to the power bi dataset and analyze it

i don't have in the Get Data | connect to power BI
like it shows under this link
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Analyze-in-Excel-Via-Get-Data-From-Power-BI-Dataset/td-...

i am not sure how am i able to use the answer for the post above
"Analysis Services" instance of your Power BI dataset
when i tried using the connection of "Analyze in Excel" pivot table it didn't succeed
please advise what am i doing wrong

thanks

1 Reply
best response confirmed by RonenBitmn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RonenBitmn 

From Power BI connector for Excel shall be in production for E3/E5, you also need to have Power BI Pro license, please check Simplifying enterprise data discovery and analysis in Microsoft Excel - Page 2 - Microsoft Tech Comm...

Analyze in Excel - that's better to ask on Power BI site and check sqlbi.com, not sure how it works now.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RonenBitmn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RonenBitmn 

From Power BI connector for Excel shall be in production for E3/E5, you also need to have Power BI Pro license, please check Simplifying enterprise data discovery and analysis in Microsoft Excel - Page 2 - Microsoft Tech Comm...

Analyze in Excel - that's better to ask on Power BI site and check sqlbi.com, not sure how it works now.

View solution in original post