SOLVED

Power Query Append Error

Copper Contributor

Needing help!

I'm new to power query and I'm importing table information in from an appended query from another spreadsheet.  I have 26 columns that are visual in my appended sheet that I am importing from.  However when I connect the table and import the data, I automatically receive many more columns that I don't want.  How can I make these columns go away and stay away when I add new columns in my source data? 

Thank you!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by pcman24 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@pcman24 

You may automate that if there is a formal logic which columns to keep. That could be names of the columns, or name of the last column, or number of columns, or keep all non-blank columns, or something else. Concrete implementation depends on such logic, but it's better to discuss having sample file in place.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pcman24 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@pcman24 

You may automate that if there is a formal logic which columns to keep. That could be names of the columns, or name of the last column, or number of columns, or keep all non-blank columns, or something else. Concrete implementation depends on such logic, but it's better to discuss having sample file in place.

View solution in original post