Power Pivot Quick Explorer feature not working

Copper Contributor

I've made a Power Pivot table and on my computer I can click on the table and the Y axis and an option called quick explore comes up. But, when I access this document from someone else's computer they don't have this quick explore feature. Very useful feature and I would like other users to have the same access. Any idea why the quick explore feature won't work on another computer?

10 Replies

@JPapa98 

Sorry, I missed. Perhaps you mean PivotChart or PivotTable, not Power Pivot? And maybe Quicks Analysis?

@Sergei Baklan Yes you could refer to it as PivotChart and PivotTable. But I meant quick explore. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Quick explore comes up when I hover over data, or right click on it. But it doesn't show up on other computers. 

JPapa98_0-1612905122966.png

@JPapa98 

I see, thank you. Quick Explore is available starting from Excel 2013 as I remember, only interface was changing a bit. If you don't see it on exactly the same file on another computer with Excel which supports data model - that's strange.

If files are different - maybe.

@Sergei Baklan Files are in the exact same location on a shared drive. Not sure why no one else can use quick explore. I've tried everything I can find but still nothing. Very strange, wish I could figure it out. 

@JPapa98 

And Excel on other machines is exactly the same as yours?

@Sergei Baklan Yes, all are either 2013 or 2016 excel. Mine is 16. 

@JPapa98 That's not necessary the same. 2016 could be Pro, could be Student, whatever.

@Sergei Baklan when I look it up we all use Microsoft Excel for Microsoft 365

@JPapa98 Same subscription (Business Premium, E3, etc)? Some of them have limited functionality.

@Sergei Baklan I believe we all have E3, and I added the add in for the pivot chart on their computer as well. No differences between our programs