SOLVED

Power Pivot disappeared after reset Registry and not showing in COM add-ins in Microsoft Excel 365

Copper Contributor

Dears,

I contacted MS support for an issue regarding slow Power Query refresh. They requested to remote control my PC then, as a try to solve the issue, they reset Excel setting by deleting its Registry data.

The issue has not solved but I noticed later that I lost access to Power Pivot and it is not showing in COM add-ins list as well

I have tried Repair Microsoft 356 (Quick Repair and Online Repair) and it didn't resolve the issue.

Noting that Power Pivot add-in folder is exist in (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\ADDINS) as shown below

I have Microsoft 365 Family subscription version (Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2112 Build 16.0.14729.20254) 64-bit) on PC/Windows 10 

Excel COM addins.PNGExcel addins folder.PNG

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Mustafa_q (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mustafa_q 

After submitting my post, I searched online again and I return to a MS support article

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\User Settings\PowerPivotExcelAddin

After deleting it, I found PowerPivot returned to COM add-ins list. After enabling it, it worked fine

Thanks to anyone read my post

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mustafa_q (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mustafa_q 

After submitting my post, I searched online again and I return to a MS support article

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\User Settings\PowerPivotExcelAddin

After deleting it, I found PowerPivot returned to COM add-ins list. After enabling it, it worked fine

Thanks to anyone read my post

View solution in original post